Saturday, August 20, 2011

Unemployed

For the past couple of years I've worked for the same company, albeit through a temp agency, but the same company nonetheless.  Recently they let me go, and now I'm applying for unemployment and because I stated I was a student there is a question about my eligibility.

One form I can fill out wants to know how much financial aid I receive.  Okay, that's not to big of a problem, except the school has not posted my award for this coming year.  Do I base it off what I was awarded last year?  Completing this form may allow me to collect unemployment and not look for a job while in school.  Somewhat ideal as I'd really like to be able to concentrate on school.  However, there is another form that requests I work with the local WorkSource office to complete, and from the looks of it, they may be able to assist with a class I want to take Winter Quarter.  I have a call into the WorkSource office to try and figure out which way I should go.  All of this is annoying, glad that finals are over for this quarter, just hoping the school will post my awards soon, but likely I may have to use last years amounts if I fill out the first form.

No comments: